2/01/2015

With liver trees and goose poop for all

This land is your land with purple mountains majesty, wavy amber grains and a rainbow reaching to the ground.


These New Balance country walkers had tread when I got them. Now they resemble bald tires that will never pass the state vehicle safety inspection. I've worn off most of the tread at Oak Point.

Below the mud of my most recent Oak Point walk there's still evidence of very green Eugene, Oregon geese. Oh, my, yes, the Oregon Ducks had just had a bad day in Dallas playing the Buckeyes. Now I was a stone's throw from the big Duck stadium squishing through green goose poop. I was following my son and grandson holding hands and walking toward the geese. We were waiting for the Science Factory to open on a Sunday morning. Childhood is a strange place with all sorts of incoming stimuli every moment. Thankfully, I can say the same thing about being of a certain age.Seeing the two of them in deep discussion about the geese made up for whatever was getting stuck to my shoes. Indeed my heart with rapture thrilled. Mine eyes had seen the glory!

  

As we went driving that ribbon of highway through the fruited valley and golden plain on the way home after good grilled cheese sandwiches we found a rainbow reaching to the ground*. A bit further north we saw purple mountain majesties and trampled vintage grapes. Glory! Glory! Hallelujah!

It's not everyday I feel like I'm in the middle of a national anthem video, but maybe that's because I'm not paying full attention. And where do I go to refill my attention tank? Oak Point. Life is good!



*Beautiful Nebraska, as you look around,
You will find a rainbow reaching to the ground;
All these wonders by the Master's hand'
Beautiful Nebraska land.

No comments: