11/20/2016

The quick brown fox falls over the lazy log


Happy Thanksgiving!

So terrific to see families at Oak Point today hiking, fishing, skateboarding, bicycling, and celebrating a birthday in the pavillion. I'm grateful they were nearby if I needed help picking myself up after a twinkle-toes graceful leap over a medium-size log across the trail in a patch of stripes of golden sunlight and deep shadows. 

I'd just had a very sure feeling that if my mom, Fritzi, was along she would have butterscotch hard candies in her pocket to share. Maybe Kraft caramels, too, as it was that kind of gorgeous fall day. While trying to get a photo of a red admiral butterfly on the trunk of a giant tree, I discovered a tiny, delicate walking stick more willing to pose. The next moment I was ass over teacup.


The National Audubon Society Field Guide to North American Insects & Spiders says my giant katydid sighting was not really as big as a Hormel Little Sizzler sausage or a pink pearl eraser. Is it on growth enhancement supplements? Could I erase my poor performance on the high jump?



© 2014-2016 Nancy L. Ruder

No comments: